Every client is unique, which means that no sets are really alike even if you're applying the same length, curl, diameter and fullness on everyone. Do you cater to a variety of clientele or do you stick to a specific style and refer out clients who want sets you don't like doing?
Having a consultation with your client before the appointment begins is KEY 🔑
This ensures that you are giving the client what they would like and also what their lashes can handle.
Important questions to ask:
- Are these lashes worn for a special occasion or for daily wear?
- Would they prefer something more natural or more dramatic?
- How much makeup do they wear on a daily basis?
- Do they prefer more length? More fullness?
- Have they previously had any adverse reactions to eyelash extensions?
These questions are vital in achieving the best look for your client.
Pro tip - we also like to have a post appointment consultation as well. Reviewing why you chose 'XYZ' and what their options are for future appointments allows your client to feel comfortable to voice out their opinions.